SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR
Thank you for your interest in becoming the Social Media Director for Barren Magazine. Prior to applying, we ask that you familiarize yourself with our social media accounts here: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram.
As Social Media Director, we ask that you:
– Work with our EiC and editors to promote the Barren brand and its content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms as seen fit
– Work with our EiC to manage all social media accounts
– Follow, subscribe to, and engage with members of the literary community on social media
– Consistently create quality social media posts that align with the tone of our brand and mission
– Develop and implement marketing growth strategies for each social media platform, including, but not limited to, outreach, cross promotion, and advertising
– Active personal Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram accounts
– Personal social media accounts devoid of material inconsistent with Barren Magazine mission
– Strong written communication skills
– Strong professional writing skills
– Strong presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
– Social media advertising and promotion experience
– WordPress Experience
– Knowledge of social media best practices, including how to maximize engagement on each platform
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out and submit the Google Form here.
This is a volunteer position. Candidates must be willing to communicate on a daily basis via email, Slack, and social media.
Barren Magazine is an equal opportunity entity. All volunteers must attest to and abide by our Statement on Safety and Inclusion.