Thank you for your interest in becoming a Submissions Manager for Barren Magazine. Prior to applying, we ask that you familiarize yourself with our Submission Guidelines.
As Submissions Manager, we would ask that you:
– Manage an assortment of Flash Fiction, Short Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, and Poetry submissions
– Add and organize submissions within the existing spreadsheets
– Respond to submission status inquiries
– Work with the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editors on ways to improve the submission process
– Assist with sending acceptances and rejections, as necessary
– Consistently devote an average of 6-10 hours per week during open submission periods
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong communication skills
– Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Google Docs
– General knowledge and understanding of literary journal / magazine submission processes is preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the Google Form here.
This is a volunteer position. Candidates must be willing to communicate on a daily basis via email, Slack, and social media.
Volunteers are not required to promote Barren Magazine on social media, but must take care in being professional and positive when speaking on behalf of the magazine.
Barren Magazine is an equal opportunity entity. All volunteers must attest to and abide by our Statement on Safety and Inclusion.