Thank you for your interest in becoming the Social Media Director for Barren Magazine. Prior to applying, we ask that you familiarize yourself with our social media accounts here: Twitter | Facebook | Instagram.
As Social Media Director, we ask that you:
– Work with our EiC to promote the Barren brand and its content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms as seen fit
– Work with our EiC to manage all social media accounts
– Follow, subscribe to, and engage with members of the literary community on social media
– Consistently create quality social media posts that align with the tone of our brand and mission
– Develop and implement growth strategies for each social media platform, including, but not limited to, outreach, cross promotion, and advertising.
– Active personal Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram accounts
– Personal social media accounts devoid of material inconsistent with Barren Magazine mission
– Strong written communication skills
– Srong professional writing skills
– Strong presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
– Social media advertising and promotion experience
– WordPress Experience
– Knowledge of social media best practices, including how to maximize engagement on each platform
HOW TO APPLY
Send a cover letter, resume / CV, and your responses to the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your name (as you would like it printed):
Your social media profile links (@_____ handles):
A brief bio (100 words or less; third person):
A profile photo (see our Masthead section for examples):
What drew you to apply for this position?
Compose a tweet to promote Issue 14 ‘Static’.
Compose a Tweet to promote a writing piece of your choice from Issue 14 ‘Static’.
Briefly explain in 300 words or less why you would like to work with the Barren team and what unique knowledge, experience, and strategies you will bring to our magazine.
This is a volunteer position. Candidates must be willing to communicate on a daily basis via email, Slack, and social media.
Barren Magazine is an equal opportunity entity. All volunteers must attest to and abide by our Statement on Safety and Inclusion.